• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

19 year old dating a 17 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Guenther19

What is the name of your state? Oregon.

I am 19 years old and I was Dating a 17 year old girl. we were together for 3 months before my dad talk to her mom and found ot she was not 18. So they have split us up and wont let us date again untill she is 18 which is 10 months away.:( I have heared of a law that allows 2 people to be datig and be sexually active as long as they are within a Maximum of 3 years of each other. If so Our Parents will let us be together again.:) so Please Help for us.

Guenther19

Adult Dating a minor

I'm not gonna bother checking the law, because no matter what the law says, if mommy says no, it means no until she's 18.
Please Chenk the Law because if there is a law that states we can be together her mom already said we could get backtogether.

The Occultist

Google "Oregon age of consent". My guess is it's legal for you to date, but you may NOT engage in ANY sexual activity whatsoever, even with mommy's permission.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you think we're going to look up laws trying to find ways for a minor to legally engage is sex, you've got another think coming to you.

Guenther19

If you think we're going to look up laws trying to find ways for a minor to legally engage is sex, you've got another think coming to you.
No its not that its so we can be together instead of having to wait for another ten months.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No its not that its so we can be together instead of having to wait for another ten months.
Right - because in 10 months you might not like each other any more...gotta get the nookie in while it's hot!

(There's a saying...Love is patient. If you can't wait, is it worth it?)

Guenther19

Right - because in 10 months you might not like each other any more...gotta get the nookie in while it's hot!

(There's a saying...Love is patient. If you can't wait, is it worth it?)[/QUOTE

its not that in 10 months we wont still love each other, cause we love each other that much to where we will and we will wait 10 months if we have 2 but if there is any way for us 2 be together we want to.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not if her parents say no.

There is NOTHING in the law that will EVER force a parent to allow their minor child to see someone they do not wish her to see.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

(There's a saying...Love is patient. If you can't wait, is it worth it?)[/QUOTE

its not that in 10 months we wont still love each other, cause we love each other that much to where we will and we will wait 10 months if we have 2 but if there is any way for us 2 be together we want to.
So, it's more of the "gotta get the nookie in while it's hot!" angle, huh?
Just wait the 10 months...

quincy

In Oregon, the legal age of consent is 18. Under the age of 16, it is a Class C felony (rape and sodomy 3); under 14, it is a Class B felony (rape, sodomy 2); and under 12, it is a Class A felony (rape, sodomy 1). There IS a 3 year rule (ORS 163.345), but it does not apply to the Class A felony of rape and sodomy 1. This "peer sex" rule can be used as a defense in some cases, but that means you would be charged with a felony first before you could use it as your defense. AND, you can still be charged with sexual misconduct (a Class C misdemeanor) if the victim is under 15.

To be legally safe, wait until your girlfriend is 18 - and I think your Dad and her Mom are probably wise to keep you apart, if you are already contemplating sex.

Guenther19

In Oregon, the legal age of consent is 18. Under the age of 16, it is a Class C felony (rape and sodomy 3); under 14, it is a Class B felony (rape, sodomy 2); and under 12, it is a Class A felony (rape, sodomy 1). There IS a 3 year rule (ORS 163.345), but it does not apply to the Class A felony of rape and sodomy 1. This "peer sex" rule can be used as a defense in some cases, but that means you would be charged with a felony first before you could use it as your defense. AND, you can still be charged with sexual misconduct (a Class C misdemeanor) if the victim is under 15.

To be legally safe, wait until your girlfriend is 18 - and I think your Dad and her Mom are probably wise to keep you apart, if you are already contemplating sex.
So Legally we can still be together as long as sexualy activity is absent from the relationship correct ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">