• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Access to Juvenile records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

voodoodoc2

What is the name of your state? OHIO

When prospective employers conduct a background check, are they able to have access to Juvenile records?

Does it matter if the employer is for a state agency versus a private company?

I was always under the impression that juvenile records were off limits. But I've seen a ton of websites that offer juvenile record searches.

Another point, if juvenile records are inaccessible for background checks, why do people even bother getting them sealed/expunged?

Indiana Filer

Another point, if juvenile records are inaccessible for background checks, why do people even bother getting them sealed/expunged?
Because your juvenile record WILL come up on a background search completed by a law enforcement agency. As a probation officer, I've requested NCIC checks, and I get full criminal histories, unless the offenses have been expunged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">