• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DAYCARE accusations...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robert Canary

What is the name of your state? California.

My wife operates, and has operated, a DAYCARE for nearly six years. She loves this job and has had many, many clients over the years. We love to meet this children as they are older and see how they turned out...and they still love her very much.

Recently and accusation was made that she was 'beating a child' on our deck. Well, I know for a fact my wife would never beat any child. We don't even spank our own children. But sure enough, we got visited by the sheriff department. My wife was totally taken aback by the accusation. We believe it was made by neighbors of ours who do have a child who has a behavior problem and can be heard screaming and shouting at 2am. But we have never called the cops on them, though someone has because we have seen cops there.

When an accusation is made, what right do we have to find out WHO is making the accusation? And process does CPS take to make sure that not only is the accusation is either right or wrong, but also protects the DAYCARE from any bad PR that could come of it?

My wife takes her DAYCARE very seriously. And this report has shaken her very bad. Should she also inform her clients of the accusation as a pre-emptive move against any further action??

Robert

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? California.

My wife operates, and has operated, a DAYCARE for nearly six years. She loves this job and has had many, many clients over the years. We love to meet this children as they are older and see how they turned out...and they still love her very much.

Recently and accusation was made that she was 'beating a child' on our deck. Well, I know for a fact my wife would never beat any child. We don't even spank our own children. But sure enough, we got visited by the sheriff department. My wife was totally taken aback by the accusation. We believe it was made by neighbors of ours who do have a child who has a behavior problem and can be heard screaming and shouting at 2am. But we have never called the cops on them, though someone has because we have seen cops there.

When an accusation is made, what right do we have to find out WHO is making the accusation? And process does CPS take to make sure that not only is the accusation is either right or wrong, but also protects the DAYCARE from any bad PR that could come of it?

My wife takes her DAYCARE very seriously. And this report has shaken her very bad. Should she also inform her clients of the accusation as a pre-emptive move against any further action??

Robert
**A: there is more to this story and dealing with the neighbors. Care to expound?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">