• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease changed without my knowledge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chiefsgal58

My husband was recentaly charged with domestic violence charges .The courts put a no contact order out. About a week after I paid rent I received a note from the landlord that only had my name on it. This made me suspicious so I called her and asked her if she removed my husbands name from the lease. She said she could not tell me this. But she said "if you noticed the note only had your name on it" So of course I Know what this means. I asked her if she got my House keys back and she said she couldnt do any thing about that untill the leagel stuff is taken care of. I am so outraged about this but I didnt want to make her mad because I dont want to loose my house. I know this is totally illegal. Can someone give me some advice or info about what I can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">