• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake ID question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1988km

I am 19 years old and I was in Block Island, Rhode Island and I received a citation for having a fake id. The ID was a real id I found about six months ago so I am unsure of its origins as to whether it was real or fake. I was in a grocery and was looking at beer when an undercover officer asked for ID. He saw my real ID as I went for my wallet and called uniformed officers. I was not arrested but I do have to appear for court. I was wondering what will be the consequences of a guilty plea and what type of effect this will have on my record. Any information would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

I am 19 years old and I was in Block Island, Rhode Island and I received a citation for having a fake id. The ID was a real id I found about six months ago so I am unsure of its origins as to whether it was real or fake. I was in a grocery and was looking at beer when an undercover officer asked for ID. He saw my real ID as I went for my wallet and called uniformed officers. I was not arrested but I do have to appear for court. I was wondering what will be the consequences of a guilty plea and what type of effect this will have on my record. Any information would be appreciated.
**A: next time avoid the ID trouble. Call us and we will buy the beer for you.

FlyingRon

3-8-6.2 of the RI Gen law. makes it a misdemeanor. I think it's typically a $500 fine.
You will have a criminal record. I don't know if there is any DMV implications.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">