• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not at Fault accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rosewoodd2

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My daughter was in an auto accident which was not her fault. The other driver was cited for not allowing enough space to stop safely. Her car wasn't damaged real bad, however she is having some stiffness and achiness. The issue is my daughter does not have any car insurance. What issues is she possibly facing when she tries to get her claim resolved and how does this process work the state of ohio?

Thank you
Rosewood in Ohio

FlyingRon

In Ohio, she is required to have insurance or a bond to show financial responsibility.

Notwithstanding that, she should file a claim with the other driver's insurance.

racer72

The lack of insurance does not mean the at fault party's insurance company won't pay. The one possible downside is that the insurance company will report your daughter to the state as being uninsured and she could have her driving priveliges suspended till she does get insurance.

moburkes

The lack of insurance does not mean the at fault party's insurance company won't pay. The one possible downside is that the insurance company will report your daughter to the state as being uninsured and she could have her driving priveliges suspended till she does get insurance.
Let me clarify. They won't be restored just because she decided to purchase insurance. They won't be restored until she obtains an SR22 (expensive) and the license is suspended for at least 90 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">