• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about vandalism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnny20032323

What is the name of your state? California.

A friend of mine valdalized a house of someone he knew a few weeks ago (TPed, egged and paintballed) and I just learned from that person today that they are filing a police report. I didn't admit to that person that I knew who did it just because I don't want to get involved. Now, I'm pretty sure the police will not take it too seriously because first off they have no idea who did it and secondly they had everything cleaned up in a matter of hours, so it was no big deal. However, what would happen if he were to get caught? I've always been kind of curious about that.

quincy

In July of this year, in Norco, California, a house was egged and toilet-papered. The homeowner decided to press charges. It took 13 people 3 hours to clean up the mess caused by these kids. Eggs damaged the finish on two automobiles and landscaping was ruined. The homeowner tracked down the kids responsible by discovering which store had sold the largest quantity of toilet paper in days prior to the incident, then she reviewed surveillence tapes, and the car with kids in it was identified.

An adult could face 3 years in prison, and the juveniles, charged with vandalism, could face probation and restitution (which amounts to a lot when you consider the costs of refinishing two cars and replacing damaged landscaping).

I am not sure what the penalties would be for your particular friend, but eggs and paintball paint can cause some serious damage. He should have stuck to just toilet paper.

johnny20032323

Yeah, I agree. That's why I referred to it as vandalism. I don't have a big problem with TPing as long as they don't take it too far, but eggs are just too much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">