• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passed up for promotion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jane Collins

Recently, I was passed up for a promotion that I, along with my coworkers and manager, felt that I definitely deserved. I was better qualified than the white male who was placed in the position, after not giving me a chance to interview. The reason that I was given by upper management was that I was not allowed to work in the same area as my fiance, even though a year ago he was my direct supervisor. Last March I applied for a position in the same area as my fiance and there was no mention of our relationship being an issue-I just wasn't ready for the promotion. Since then my immediate manager has been preparing me for this same position that now all of a sudden I am being denied. The real reason I feel that I was passed up is because I am a Latin female in a white male dominated company. I was the best person for the job and I had sacrificed a lot for my career with this company. Now, I feel that my career has been brought to a halt with this company because of this issue. I am the one who was wronged and now I am being made to feel uncomfortable at meetings and company functions because no one really knows what to do or say around me. Do I have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">