• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Harrasment/Stalking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston,MA

This is what happened.I was dating this girl over the last few months and we kind of broke off.The girl filed a criminal complaint.Which I think she did because I said something abotu her dressing sence and ex marriage.Now as of aug 15th a criminal complaint has been issued against me from the boston municipal court and my arraignment is scheduled on sept 27th.She is simply taking revenge and wants to feel powerful by doing all this.
My question is can I get this case dismissed before arraignment.So nothing shows up on my records not even a dismissal.Plz let me know

thanks

well

what more should I say?.I have never called her or contacted her with any malicious intent.can i ask the judge to dismiss this case,just because it is based on a false complaint?

Last edited:

quincy

You never "harassed her with any malicious intent"? With what intent DID you harass her?

hey

I need some good answers.what i meant was i never communciated with her with any intent of harrassment,just because she is a woman and a doctor,I should suffer?.And plzz don;t make fun of my english.
I am not hear to sustain ridiculous ,this is question of my professional life,so plzz understand.

SHORTY LONG

I need some good answers.what i meant was i never communciated with her with any intent of harrassment,just because she is a woman and a doctor,I should suffer?.And plzz don;t make fun of my english.
I am not hear to sustain ridiculous ,this is question of my professional life,so plzz understand.
If you are not guilty, then say so when you go to Court. You have a right to confront your accuser in Court! And per chance, if the accuser fails to show without notifying the Court in advance, then, it will be up to the Judge whither or not he or she dismisses the action brought against you!

well in boston mass

the accuser doesn;t needs to show.the clerks hearing has already taken place.
now it is arraignment.where they will read the charges against me.and then trial or pre trial.either way it goes to my history.i don;t want this on my history.

outonbail

the accuser doesn;t needs to show.the clerks hearing has already taken place.
now it is arraignment.where they will read the charges against me.and then trial or pre trial.either way it goes to my history.i don;t want this on my history.
First of all, I don't know how you expect to receive useful advice when you don't provide any details of what led to the charges your facing and in fact, you haven't even provided us with what it actually is you're being charged with.

However, if these are criminal charges, not civil, then the victim would have had to have first filed a police report identifying the crimes she is accusing you of committing against her. Then in order for the DA to follow through and actually file criminal charges against you, based on her claim, she would have had to provide the DA with some sort of legitimate proof which would indicate there was some validity to her claim.
If you are accused of harassing her, she would have probably shown phone records or provided messages recorded on her answering machine/voice mail, or provided the names of witnesses who then validated her claims to the DA. So there has to be something substantial that the DA is basing his decision to file charges against you with.

If you tried contacting her an excessive number of times, either via telephone, email or personal visit, this could be considered harassment, regardless of whether you think it was or not. She doesn't have to prove what your intent was for doing whatever she is claiming, she only has to prove you were doing it. The court will decide whether it meets the criteria of being harassment or not.

You should find a local defense attorney to discuss this matter with before you continue with the belief that she is only filing this complaint to make herself feel powerful. If she is a doctor I would imagine she has already earned a considerable amount of respect and credibility in her community. This would provide her with a legitimate sense of accomplishment and a feeling of power. So I don't think she would have to file a falsified complaint against you to accomplish this goal.

Thanks for reply

I have been charged with Criminal Harrasment and Stalking phone calls.The only proof(as you say) according me they,the DA's office might have is some of my emails.Now none of my emails threaten or has anything malicious or harrassing.Some of my emails are emotional emails,in which I am telling her how heart broken I am due our break off.In one letter I have mentioned that I was sorry for communicating with her.Then after i came to know that she has filed a report,i had called her once,and agreed to take her complaint back.But then she never updated me as promised over the phone.So I emailed her 3 times.in 3 days.again nothing threatning or intimidating in my emails.THe detective used one of my emails during the hearing against me.My lawyer told me to keep quiet.He just wanted to make money so this case goes till trial.She completely denied our relation ship/courtship at the hearing.She said i met this guy only once and he is after me ever since.She lied about how we got introduced.She told the magistrate that we met thorough friends.But in reality she had a profile online on orkut.com.The reason why I said she was trying to feel powerful is because,she is not a US citizen and niether am I.We both are Citizens of India.She is a resident at teh boston medical centre.She has a degree in medicine from India.But for some reason,people i USA have excessive respect and trust on Doctors.Now she being a woman and then a Doctor,the cops just believed her and even the magistrate,and even the jury will.This is highly in Just.Why would she deny our meetings,long phone conversations,instant messages etc.?.She is trying to protect her imgage./Her ex husband is also india,so it is high possibility that he is harrassing her or it might be some of those guys who has seen her profiles online.I remember she telling me that she has created profiles on some dating website,after her separation from her husband.Now i thk she has deleted those profiles.So we dont have a proof.So don;t respect somone just because some is a doctor.Americans are baised,I feel i have no say in this matter,I feel I am vitimized by this girl.She did this to punish me,because I commented on her marraige and told her that it was her fault that the marriage broke off.She was hysterical at times.She is on prozac,due to her divorce.Just because she is a woman and doctor?i shoudl suffer,this thing shoudl show up my record?????????????????this is no way justice.
THe indian penal code

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

has better provision that this one sided american judiciary.Protectiong fo women,yes i am for it.But accusing men,just becuase a woman gets hysterical and tells what not?...this is no way justice.THe boston police is corrupt.They told her to lie and fabricate things.I never expected this kind of corruption in the USA.I have call logs,which proove that she called me and i called her.THe only reason i don;t want this to go to trial is because if affects my immgration case.
Now i have to think about that too,why immigrate to a country where the laws are biased.But I ahve no choice I have speat last 6 years establashing myself in the USA.I would suffer severly if i just leave.
where is justice?????????????????

She is doing this in retribution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to what i had said to her on her marriage and her role in it.she has expressed this many times over our phone conversations.If i loose this case,I am ruined.even if I win,it still shows up on my record.what kind of records keeping system is this.protecting women?by malignating men????.very frustrating.this is not the america I ever knew off.this is worst than the corrupt public offices in India.Where can i find justice?????.This woman/girl used me as a divice to get over her axiety,she used to call me more than 3 times a day.And now she denys it,and the american judiciary views me as the offender???.this is nothing but a joke.I do not want to be the victim of this woman's rage...

Fyi

FYI people who don;t know.

Medical education in India is very easy to aquire and almost every one has easy access to it.It is not considered much of a value to be a doctor in india.Yes succesful doctors are respected,but just because some woman or a man has a doctors degree,it matters less in India.In the community from which I come.almost every one has masters or other type of education.Language skills might not be good as english is not our first language.

Last edited:

outonbail

Your have just posted 4 messages in 23 minutes without waiting for a response to any one of them. I'll take this as an example of the way you went about dealing with her.

and your claiming she's on Prozac?

I'm sorry your not accustomed to treating women as equals, but in this country, we evolved away from the cave man style of treating women a very long time ago. So while your in this country, if you want a dog, you'll have to go to the pound.

As far as your legal charges, you're going to be found guilty and believe me, you don't want to end up in an American jail or prison with your attitude. So rather than advising you to hire an attorney, the following comment is what I'm going to base my advice on:

I feel like joining al qaida at this point.
You sound as if you really hate America and the American people as well. However, you don't have any problem enjoying our freedom of speech. In fact, you take advantage of this freedom, just to let us know that you hate us so much, that you would join a group of terrorists who have one goal in their miserable lives, to see us all dead.

So, I thought I would remind you of another freedom you should probably be taking advantage of, as it will put an end to all the legal, love and mental problems you are obviously suffering from here in our country.

That is the freedom to go right back to wherever the hell you matriculated from and take all your misery with you!

I suggest you book a flight tonight,,, be sure it's a one way!

mr outonbail

Your advise is really very surprising and personal.i think you are more interested in arguing with me than any other thing.The reason my message took 3 replies,because I was not aware that i can edit the same message if i feel i missed a point or two.Secondly you are telling me that I am not used to treating women equal?.Sir,I am From India and so is this lady.We have better rights for women back in India if you read our law and provisions.Do not confuse me or background to the middle eastern background.How can you forget that women didn;t even had voting rights until the early 30's in the United states.And not to forget the civil rights moments during the 60's.So I am least interested in your errans Mr outonbail.And please stop reacting like a typical redneck.Think before you type.Your english might be better than me,but you Sir are no better than a lay man.In my family all women are highly educated and enjoy equal positions.People like you Sir are responsible for violating the true American spirit.Kindly refrain urself from replying towards my posts.You don;t understand what I am saying and you seem to me on some kind of dope,that your reactions are so hysteric.Kindly control yourself.Your suggestions are highly backward and no sane person should ever listen to you.I would consider myself lucky if I not face a baised jury with people like you in it.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Your advise is really very surprising and personal.i think you are more interested in arguing with me than any other thing.The reason my message took 3 replies,because I was not aware that i can edit the same message if i feel i missed a point or two.Secondly you are telling me that I am not used to treating women equal?.Sir,I am From India and so is this lady.We have better rights for women back in India if you read our law and provisions.Do not confuse me or background to the middle eastern background.How can you forget that women didn;t even had voting rights until the early 30's in the United states.And not to forget the civil rights moments during the 60's.So I am least interested in your errans Mr outonbail.And please stop reacting like a typical redneck.Think before you type.Your english might be better than me,but you Sir are no better than a lay man.In my family all women are highly educated and enjoy equal positions.People like you Sir are responsible for violating the true American spirit.Kindly refrain urself from replying towards my posts.You don;t understand what I am saying and you seem to me on some kind of dope,that your reactions are so hysteric.Kindly control yourself.Your suggestions are highly backward and no sane person should ever listen to you.I would consider myself lucky if I not face a baised jury with people like you in it.
I am due for jury duty soon.....I hope I get this case. ;)

Eekamouse

I don't think the woman was exagerating when she told the police you were/are stalking her. Any phone calls she may have made to you were probably to tell you to leave her the hell alone. If it's so easy to get a degree in medicine back in India, why don't you trot on back there and get one for yourself so you can enjoy some unjustified credibility too. I think that had the woman not got the legal system involved in her efforts to rid herself of you, you'd be harrassing her yet.

Ekamouse

did you even read what i typed?or you just got agravated and reacted?.Was my comments harsh enough to trigger the falseness inside you?...or was it my honest words that hurt you?.why this baisness I ask?.and you havent even seen the call records,based on what you generated your opinion? heresay?.Probably you said?.I am talking about 163 minuts long cell phone conversations here.That too from her work number to my cell phone.Then we met more than 10 times.She denied this fact and told the cops that we just met once.???.I have been to apartment thrice and she been to mine twice.We have eaten dinners.
The fact of the matter is I want to ask the judge if he or she can dismiss this case,because the complaint itself is false.The Incident report says another story.THe complaint report says another story.This lady lied about her martial status ,her status is mentioned as nevermarried.Which is not true.she is undergoing a divorce.I have all her emails ,phone call logs,then instant messages,she was even asking me to move in with her.Now I am glad i didn;t,because God knows how she would reacted ,if we would have had arguments.See I feel sympathy for her too.I mean her ex husband use to treat her badly.And the Ironically is he filing for divorce in Boston, Mass.I believe in Mass no reason is required to file a divorce,even if one person wants it,the court grants it.She really suffered through all this.But why drag me in to her mess.I just dated her and we fell in love.She had written me many times that she missed me and wants to live with me.Why she is victimizing me?.I was always there when she used to get axiety attacks.She used to cry hours with me.Confiding details of her failed marraige and how her In laws mis treated her and how her husband once hit het etc etc.I felt really bad for her and this is how we got attached.Please do not judge me just because I expressed my honest views.Just tell me how is this JUSTICE?.Based on what fact I am being crusified here?.Just because I cracked a joke related with al qaida?.Or I blamed the marxist american judicirary?.Plzz tell me,why me?:confused: And yes It is quite easy to get a degree in medicine from India.This lady (the so called victim) has a degree from a private medical college in India.Privately runned medical colleges in India are not accredited in INdia itself.But foreign students friendly states in the US like mass,honor these degrees so the students can appear for USMLE examiniations.So stop attacking me angry people.:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">