• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto insurance paid wrong person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1blueparrot

What is the name of your state? Texas. what can I do if my neighbor behind my back bought a policy using my car, intercepted the title and was paid on a claim for total loss on my camero. The car was in storage at the time, he took it to a shop, the insurance company said it was OTL, paid a claim to him. Meanwhile I had the camero financed in my name and was waiting for the title. By the way the car was purchased from my neighbor's cousin. It was fincnced for about 14000.00 through a bank, he had the car insured for 35000.00 by lying to insurance as to what was on the car. I was stuck with financing and no vehicle and had to settle with bank. Should I now get the title and whats left of the vehicle?

Last edited:

What is the name of your state? Texas. what can I do if my neighbor behind my back bought a policy using my car, intercepted the title and was paid on a claim for total loss on my camero. The car was in storage at the time, he took it to a shop, the insurance company said it was OTL, paid a claim to him. Meanwhile I had the camero financed in my name and was waiting for the title. By the way the car was purchased from my neighbor's cousin. It was fincnced for about 14000.00 through a bank, he had the car insured for 35000.00 by lying to insurance as to what was on the car. I was stuck with financing and no vehicle and had to settle with bank. Should I now get the title and whats left of the vehicle?

I don't know, but have you reported him for insurance fraud and theft?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">