• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Additional Damage after accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aviator1j

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
I back up onto a parked car at around 5 MPH, the Hood got damaged along with the radiator of the parked car. The other driver went home and when he got onto the highway going at around 50 MPH the hood pop open and destroyed the windshield and did additional damages to the roof of his car. we have not claimed it to my insurance yet because we want to make sure that the insurance will cover all damages.
Will the insurance cover the damages I did and the damages that were done when the other driver was driving it?

REB

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
I back up onto a parked car at around 5 MPH, the Hood got damaged along with the radiator of the parked car. The other driver went home and when he got onto the highway going at around 50 MPH the hood pop open and destroyed the windshield and did additional damages to the roof of his car. we have not claimed it to my insurance yet because we want to make sure that the insurance will cover all damages.
Will the insurance cover the damages I did and the damages that were done when the other driver was driving it?
How do you see the hood pop up and hit the windshield? Did you hit the car and just happen to follow him home?

moburkes

Generally, that is considered a 2nd, separate accident. OPs insurance company will be responsible for the 1st accident (I'm not sure that he was only going 5MPH, though), and the not at fault party's insurance company will take care of the 2nd accident.

I haven't seen this often, but the few times I have, this is how it was adjusted.

ecmst12

It is not your fault that the driver of the car you hit did not take the time to make sure his hood was secure before getting on the highway. The damage from the hood flying up is not your fault and neither you nor your insurance company are liable for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">