• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freshgrad

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I was helping my girlfriend move and was packing her car with boxes. I had to fit a box on the passenger seat, but to do so, I had to back the car straight out of the parking spot to open the door completely. Only about 3 feet of the front end of the car was in the parking spot and the rest of the length of the car was in the middle of the parking lot lane. Some guy with a big pick up saw me parked in the lane while I loaded the box and waited for me. When I got in the car to move it to a closer parking spot, he tried to squeeze through the lane because he "thought I was going to pull forward into the parking spot." Instead, I pulled out and backed into him. When I got in the car to change spots, he was waiting and not moving. Who's fault is it?

ecmst12

Unfortunately it is going to be considered your fault since you were backing up, but that other guy is a total idiot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">