• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Club Locker Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catsrus81

I locked my items at my health club inside a locker. The policy is not to keep items locked overnight. In the past the club always notified all members in advance (at least one week) that they would cut off the locks. After the date, we would go back and keep the locks on the lockers. This happened for several years. All of a sudden they cut the locks without notice and put all the personal belongings in a public area. No where in the rules or posted in the club does it say that the club would do this. They have always posted warnings before hand. I have lost approx. $500.00 worth of stuff. Do I have recourse with the club: with the authorities or small claims court, or should I just forget this and chalk it up to experience? This happened in the state of New Jersey.

Thanks for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">