• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by a stolen vehicle, now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsp

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Lets start from the top. About 4 weeks ago, my Chevy Silverado and my Harley were parked in my drive way. I rent by the way. To youths, 10 and 12 run a stolen truck into my driveway hitting my truck. My truck then hit the motorcycle. I had full coverage on the truck, but only liability on the motorcycle.

The person who owns the truck has been in jail for a few months. The wife or girlfriend reported the truck stolen. Dont know the exact time it was called in.

My insurance company is paying for the truck. I really dont want the truck. They did 8000.00 damge to the rear of the truck. Frame is bent,cab is bent,etc. The motorcycle has about 1500.00 to 2000.00 worth of damages. It is at the repair shop now getting a estimate. I dont think I even want the truck back now after all this.

Now, the key to the truck that was stolen was in the ignition.

We have been on the phone with his insurance company. they say there not liable.

Getting money from any of the above mentioned is probably a lost cause.

What are my best options in this case?

thanks,
Tim

moburkes

Pay your deductible to have the truck fixed. Ask the insurance company of the truck to pay for the damage to the MC. Sue the bad child in court for your deductible.

StephenH

File with the police and report the youths for driving underage and car theft. Let them deal with Juvenile Hall. You may need to sue the kids parents for damages, as the kids may have no assets themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">