• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reimbursed for future loss of value?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kbc10

What is the name of your state? CA

I was in T-bone accident where the body shop was close to totalling my car (2005 BMW 325i) - it is instead going to be fixed. The shop told me I should go after the person at fault (or the insurance company???) for the value that I am losing for future resale since I now need to disclose that I was in an accident. Does anyone have experience with this? How do I go about this? Who do go after? Her or her insurance company?

Thank you.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? CA

I was in T-bone accident where the body shop was close to totalling my car (2005 BMW 325i) - it is instead going to be fixed. The shop told me I should go after the person at fault (or the insurance company???) for the value that I am losing for future resale since I now need to disclose that I was in an accident. Does anyone have experience with this? How do I go about this? Who do go after? Her or her insurance company?

Thank you.
You sue the person that caused the accident. In CA, most insurance companies exclude coverage for diminished value claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">