• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

it was a long time ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JBrand

California;
In 1998 I was cited for disturbing the peace for fighting at my high school, I never appeared in court for this. So now I am trying to get this resolved, I am now 23yrs old and the juvinille court is trying to get me to appear in court or pay a fine, how do I get this case dropped? Isn't there a statute of limitations on misdimeanors of five years? Thanks for any help.

CdwJava

If they are just now taking you to court, I'd say the SOL was suspended for some reason ... perhaps you fled the jurisdiction, or a warrant/juvenile detention order was issued but never served.

You would be best served by consulting an attorney who can look at the whole record to determine what might be done.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">