• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen motorcycle claim investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobfish

WA

My motorcycle was stolen a couple of weeks ago. I reported to the police and my insurance company. The Insurance company has decided to investigate the claim. I understand they don't want to pay out on a fraudulent claim, and I am happy to help them out, but they are asking me for a lot of personal information such as bank account and credit card info. They want account numbers and transaction histories. I am very uncomfortable releasing this information. Is this typical? Do they have the right to ask for this information? Can they refuse to pay if I dont give them this info? The insurance company is Progressive and I just have a bad feeling form the people I have had to deal with.

moburkes

And, with your social, they can get the majority of the information without asking you for it. But, being cooperative helps your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">