• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Checking on the financial spending of a NonProfit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bttws

VA

This is on a nonprofit that is operated out of Virginia.

I wanted to know of any resources I could utilize in looking up the financial spending of a non profit, or if that is even information allowed to a regular citizen. This nonprofit operates solely on donations. It is not considered a charity. I visited wikipedia, and non of the links helped, since I do not know much about it other than the name and where I believe it operates, state only.

Any information or links are very appreciated!

bttws

It is a registered non-profit. I do not know if it has members. I know that person who established it uses the donations to pay the workers and that he uses the money to live on. I am concerned because he does not have an actual job and he lives off the donations by the organization. I apologize if I didn't answer adequately.

Ozark_Sophist

Is the non-profit incorporated? In my state, I can find articles of incorporation online at the Sec of State's webpage.

Non-profit's are allowed to pay salaries, etc., otherwise how would a minister/priest get paid? (besides 'the treasures' they are accumulating in heaven)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">