• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced off the road... LA CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tedfordsbills

I was forced off the road in Los Angeles California. My car wound up hitting the curb and everyone is saying I am liable even though I was forced off the road! They are saying that because I wound up not hitting her:confused: so is one to just hit someone in this scenario? Now my front end suspension is destroyed and I'm face with the bill. What gives!?!?!?!

Michael

moburkes

I was forced off the road in Los Angeles California. My car wound up hitting the curb and everyone is saying I am liable even though I was forced off the road! They are saying that because I wound up not hitting her:confused: so is one to just hit someone in this scenario? Now my front end suspension is destroyed and I'm face with the bill. What gives!?!?!?!

Michael
Yes, you should have hit her. Otherwise, you will need to prove that this person forced you off the road.

tedfordsbills

?

So I should have risked totalling both cars, possibly killing one or more people all in an attempt for the other person to be at fault? What has this country come to?

moburkes

Maybe putting on the breaks would have solved the problem.

If you are able to prove that this person ran you off the road, and that this was the best split-second decision that you could make, then they are responsible for the damage to your vehicle.

However, the EASIEST way to establish fault is with damage to your vehicle from the at fault party, or an acknowledgment of fault from the at fault party.

xylene

Michael
Who is everyone?

Do you have a police report?

The unsafe actions of another driver can most certainly cause an accident scenario where the driver of the vehicle who committed the unsafe / improper maneuver is liable even if their is no collision between them.

ecmst12

Did the car that forced you off the road stop? Did you get the license plate number or any other identifying information on the car/driver? Can you prove that the vehicle even exists and was on the road at the time/place of the accident?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">