• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insure two different vehicles in seperate states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAAceHrts

What is the name of your state? Arizona
Can you get an insurance policy for your two vehicles when each is in a different state?

rtrdtelco

Fyi

Arizona, and I believe most states, require you to license vehicles, including travel trailers, that are in the state for 6 months or more.
Arizona also requires you to have insurance purchased from a agent in the state.
As a Snowbird, I have my travel trailer and tow vehicle licensed and insured in my home state and my Suzuki licensed and insured in Arizona because I leave it there during the summer.

Last edited:

moburkes

Yes, people do it all the time. Each spouse is in a different state. You have homes in different states. You have a child away at college in a different state. Etc.

ecmst12

Worst case scenario is your current insurance carrier doesn't write business in the other state, and you have to get a totally separate policy with a different company.

moburkes

Exactly. But, just for clarification, it will be 2 separate policies anyway (usually, unless one vehicle is for a college student), because of the different insurance laws in each state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">