• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owning/Operating a bus in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

live4thegame

What is the name of your state? Florida
Hi, I am looking to purchase a used school bus and rebuild it. I was wondering if there are any laws in Florida that I need to be aware of for owning and operating a bus. Stuff like licenses and certifications or if I can keep it on my street overnight and stuff of that nature.

I appologize if this isn't the right place to ask this but I have spent a ton of time on google looking for these answers to no avail. Thanks in advance even if its just a link to another site where I can get the proper help :)

mike

FlyingRon

If it has more than 15 seats, you are going to have to have a different license class to drive it. if you turn it into a camper you can drive it with your normal class E permit.

If you operate it to transport people as a bus, you're probably got a bunch of other regulatory and insurance worries.

live4thegame

thanks for the quick replies guys. yea its more than 15 seats, what would classify as being a camper in florida? just having a bed or something and seats ripped out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">