• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NevaehBound

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have lived with a man for the last 5 yrs. He has a son who lives on the East Coast and really has no means to come here. My only contact with him is by email. Now my man has fallen gravely ill without doing the paper he always said he wanted to do. Leaving me to make his decisions for him. I expect no problem with his son, we have a great relationship, but my question is...if he is completely incapacitated (he is now on a breathing machine) and the hospital is asking for family decisions, could his son grant me his father's Power of Attorney? Money nor anything else is in question here. We are both simple people living simple lives and have only each other to take care of us. It is the legality of such a form I am asking if it is possible.

NevaehBound

Is there anyone else who could do this? His son said he would sign whatever I needed.....my man's fatheris also still living can he sign it to me?

JETX

The only thing you could do is to hire an attorney to file a competency suit and hopefully get the court to assign you as his legal guardian.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">