• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Screwed by mechanics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stephreck

My mother and I have gotten "screwed" by mechanics who had my car for 4 1/2 months (9/00-01/01) to replace an engine on warranty, in which it STILL does not work properly. (Overheating, fan belt broke, no power steering) It was replaced on warranty becasue they had my car the first time for three months a year before that (10/99-12/99)to put the new engine in. We would like to take legal action of some kind- possibly sue- what can we do?

racer72

What brand of car is it? I want to make sure I never buy one. Really, what good is a car that needs a new engine every year? I bought a Ford Ranger in 1988 and but 240,000 miles on it and it still ran good when I traded it in. I would go back to the dealer (if the repair shop is part of the dealer) and try to make a deal on another car, a different brand though. If your car is one of the low volume imports (Hundai, Daewoo, Kia), it could take 2 or 3 months to obtain replacement parts from overseas. I would also contact your local better business bureau or your states attorney's general office and see if the shop has a history of poor performance. Then I would buy a half hour of a consumer attorney's time and see what he thinks.

S

stephreck

I blew the engine the first time, that is why we had to get it repaired- so that is why we paid to have the engine replaced, and they did a poor job on that as well as this time and the last. I think that we do need to contact a lawyer thpugh

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">