• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Tax Qestions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

novelgoods

Dear Sir,
I am using TurboTax to prepare my taxes this year and have two questions I am wondering if you can help me with.
1.I am 73 live in Indiana and have a web page that I made some substantial income on this year. I operate this business out of a spare bedroom. The program tells me that I can invest in a Keogh, SEP or Simple plan and save taxes. Because of my age am I still eligible? Which plan is best for a person my age?
2.I have a second web site that I operate out of the basement of my home. I had little activity on this business and tried to see if it qualified for a home office deduction. The program said it did and is asking for the same information I used on the first business. My question is; is it lawful to have two home office deductions for two different businesses in the same home?
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">