• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't know if this qualifies as discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ryan82584

My name is Ryan Shambaugh and I am 16 and work for for Donato's pizza. A week ago I noticed that I had only been scheduled for 4hrs. instead of the usual 12-15 I recieve.Upon asking my manager who is charge of the schedule why this conversation took place. Is this Discrimination and what can I do about it?

- In the office-

Ryan Shambaugh: Is there a particular reason I only have four hours next week?

Joseph Stroud: Let’s go smoke a cigarette.
-In the back room-

Joseph Stroud: Now, I base the schedule on how productive each person is the prior week.

Ryan Shambaugh: So since I have the least amount of hours, I’m assuming you think I’m the least productive?

Joseph Stroud: Right. Do you agree with that?

Ryan Shambaugh: Honestly I don’t feel I’m the least productive person in this store.

Joseph Stroud: Well, I feel that giving you hours is a waste of money to me and my company.

Ryan Shambaugh: Joe, I know that I’m more productive than some of the other people here. Like Brooke, I accomplish a lot more than she does.

Joseph Stroud: Well, the reason Brooke gets her hours is because her brother is very, very powerful in this company.

Ryan Shambaugh: What? I can’t believe you just said that to me, that is wrong. Just because her brother is powerful in this company I have to lose hours to give to her?

Joseph Stroud: No your misunderstanding me.

Ryan Shambaugh: How could I possibly misunderstand what you just said about her getting her hours because her brother is powerful?

Joseph Stroud: That’s not what I said.

Ryan Shambaugh: No, I think you just realized you made an inappropriate statement and now you’re trying to cover it up.

Joseph Stroud; Look, the reason you don’t get your hours is because you aren’t working up to your potential. Now, I know you’ll never be as good as Kristina or Greg, but if you try you could be an average worker.

Ryan Shambaugh: I think I am a very good employee and I’m doing the best that I can do.

Joseph Stroud: I know you’re mad, if want feel free to call me an ass hole.

Ryan Shambaugh: No I’m not going to resort to name calling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">