• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need a restraining Order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brice8797

I am not sure if I am in the right Category, I am not sure where to go. I need advice on what to do with a situation that has occured.

First off I am Gay, which has a great deal to do with the situation. My friend a couple weeks back decided to tell his family that he was Gay. He also told them that I was. He did not tell them we are "together" just that we are both gay and that i was trying to "help" him deal with it. He is 18. His Parents are not US Citizens but they both have green Cards and live in Dallas Texas. He told them on a Monday night. the following Tuesday his Mother upon talking to me said that he was to have no contact with anyone Gay that it was a sickness and that they were sending him to counseling, being as they are from another country its very hard to speak with them and to make them understand any kind of reasoning. The following day, he was to fly Out of Dallas to resume his studies at a University up North. He left his parents house early in the day and came over to my house to say goodbye. His parents followed him over. His Mother began banging on my door and ringing the door bell. The door was not locked so she opened it and came inside, Yelling and screaming at me, saying i was a bad person and that i was ruining her sons life. she punched me in the mouth and slapped me before we got her held back, I was trying to get her out of the house when in the door comes the father. he also is yelling and swinging but does not connect with me. He kicks a few houshold items trying to break whatever he can find. I finally get them all outside. His Father says to me that hes going to go home and get his gun and come back and kill me. and that his son was not going back to school.
They leave and go back home, and i found out later that he in fact when arriving home Got out his ShotGun and was coming back over to my house. but the son talked him out of it and made his dad promise that he would never come to my house again.
in the past few weeks since this happening i have had no contact with the parents. but there are continued threats being voiced by them to their son. the father told him that If he does not change (become straight) that he was going to come Kill him, then Kill me and finally kill himself by blowing the brains out of the back of our heads.

I know parents never react well when their child comes out to them but this is a little excessive. before they found out, I was part of the family i was even referred to as their 3rd son. I helped get their son into the school hes at now heloed get his funding and took care of numerous things for their family and for their son all with nothing asked in return and now that they found out, I am supposedly some horrible person. My fear is that his parents are not US citizens and I really do not think they care, and that they would do harm to me and him, especially if they knew that not only were we freinds but that we are together.
So i want to protect myself number one. but also at the same time I do not want to create any further hostile situation. I need to know what the process is for getting a restraining order, what happens then. what that means for his family being as they only have green cards. and what happens if they violate the order.
I do not want to hurt the Son, by possibly having his parents arrested and or sent back to their country, but I also have to look out for myself. so any advice on what I should do would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">