• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

caused the accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

minek2

What is the name of your state? colorado

so i was the driver in an auto accident, where i rolled my own suv, and hit no other cars, totalled my own car and my trailer, my insurance had lapsed, and my passenger has injuries and is currently out of work. what do i do? what should i expect from here? i have been told different stories on what will happen. i've been told that her health insurance is 2ndary coverage and should cover her medical expenses, but i've been told that they will then come after me, i know i still have to pay off my car loan, and i'm pretty sure i'm responsible for her lost wages until she can return to work. what is really true? i just don't know what to expect anymore? and my husband hates me on top of all of this. my son and i were also hurt and we lost one of our dogs, but we are still at school and work. thanks for any info anyone has to share.

ecmst12

Honestly, I doubt that your friend's health insurance is going to come after you for her bills, but it's possible. You'll have to pay if they do. You are legally responsible for her lost wages as well but is she willing to pursue a lawsuit against you? Has she even asked you about it? You will have to keep paying off your loan, but you can sell your car for the salvage value - it might not be much, but anything is better then nothing.

moburkes

Yes, you're responsible, but who knows what will happen. You will be required to file an SR22 and your license will be suspended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">