• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 y.o Minor ~ Drinking charge / Fleeing / Severely disrespected.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sinto123

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hello, My Name is Nathan.

On Friday 7th, I was coming from my morning classes at a differant school that teach Cisco. Our battery was dead from leaving the lights on there were 3 of us in the car total. By the time we were Jumped & our car was started it was 9:45 aproximently 45 min after school (1) was let out. we made it not 3 min down the road before his car died again. we pushed it aproximently 7-8 min down the road to get another jump it now being 10:05 we were getting another jump conuming about 30 more minutes. We finally head out having to get gas. Now 10:20 we headed to school but didn't make it yet again, we stopped 5 or so minutes after leaving the gas station (Going by the time on our gas recipes). So we pushed the car to my friends house who was a passenger in the car, Awaiting either another jump or an alternative method to get to school. Now being 11:00 We grabbed some food & mistakenly decided not to go to school because we were extreamly fed up with what was going on and didnt want to face the consequences of returning to school 3 hours late. We stayed at my friend (Lewis's) House until roughly 2 pm & headed to school to pick up a friend. What we didn't know that the driver had taken alcohol from his house and mixed it with his drink or something of that sort. He was driving realitivly good until we reached a higher speed (40-45) he started swerving iradically we urged him to stop but it was to late, a 50+ elderly driver had pulled out in front of us although he was swerving it was not his fault we wrecked oddly said. she had called the cops & Fled the scene. He had clipped the rear of his car with a telephone and drove strait into a corn field. Me and lewis hurried out of the car asked the driver if he was ok and sat across the street behind a tree on a rock wondering what to do, while the driver sat on his car contemplating what he just had done. the COP arrived not much later. Began talking to the driver while we were still sitting on the rock while a couple of minutes went by we didn't realize the police had arrived and just sat there. Not but 5 min later after thinking of how bad it was to head out now, the cop shouted at us & told us to come with him. we agreed i went back to get my backpack not but 5 feet away from were we left he Yelled "What the **** are you doing". I shouted "Just grabbing my bag". After that i headed back to the cars he questioned me on why i was running i repeated numerous times i was just getting my bag. after we got back he asked for all of my information i complied. He then said i need all your phone numbers i said sure and gave him my home and when to get my cell phone to check my moms because she had gotten a new phone recently and i didn't know the number. i pulled out my belt. http://studsandspikes.com/buy/product_info.php?products_id=405{3}8 (As seen here). And this is were it got crazy he grabbed me and moved me away from the belt as i gave him a paper from the company saying that this was FAKE. he called me numerous names such as "****ing Punk" "*******" "Prick" And must have used "****" 6 Times. Please note i have a blond 4.5 inch Mohawk & although i have NEVER been in trouble for anything i was viewed as a punk, and solely because of this harassed while my friends were not even questioned. at this point i was EXTREAMLY upset, They asked if any alcohol was involved Derek said yes, while me and lewis insisted No. we were ex-treamly dumbfounded and then they breath tested him at a .12 while waiting they set down the breath test down after showing it to another officer who had just arrived roughly 2 minutes before. then they got another breath test for lewis he tested .04 still knowing i had not drunk anything i didnt mind taking the breath test, officer who had not giving the first to and was now talking to the parent of the driver had came over to me with the SAME Breath test as the driver without switching anything and said breath. I did as i was told knowing i would pass, I didn't... .02 is what it read knowing this was IMPOSSIBLE I asked if i could take a blood test and that he was wrong. He said that wouldn't be necessary and i need to "Shut the **** up" i didn't say anything to them directly i just asked my friend lewis what was going on. He said i don't know this is crazy. My mom drove up to pick me up. I told her my part of the story while the officer was telling me i don't need to have an attitude with her which i was not. i was trying to calmly explain what had happened with an authoritative figure denying every word i uttered. so i became more and more agitated and became asking the cop why he would insist on lying to my parent. my mom told me to be quite and sit in the car. i did. we drove off with me having a court date and being on probation. We went to my moms work not 35 minutes after the hole altercation had happened and i took a breath test, Her being a bartender this was available on site. I tested 3, yes 3 times all coming back 0.00 I became extremely made KNOWING i was violated of my rights as a person. although i do admit missing those 3 hours of class that i should not done the way i was treated and persecuted i felt i was done unfair i know i had not been drinking anything and that when they said i was i insisted on a blood test 2 more times.

Although i have show extreme respect towards law enforcement, and in many cases knowing some. I believe that they are just bullies with badges and can get away with outright harassment. All do to this altercation of being called many names and a downright liar. We were minors what i did was not against the law, And i was wondering a few things including will i lose my soon to come license, will this show up on my permanent record, Can this be beaten if i plead not guiltily.

Thanks ~ Nathan.

P

pacarox

cops can be jerks...you just need to walk the thin line and stay out of their way...your record if you get one, will be exponged (sealed) when you turn 18

Sinto123

Thanks.

cops can be jerks...you just need to walk the thin line and stay out of their way...your record if you get one, will be exponged (sealed) when you turn 18

I appreciate it. Im going to talk to my school about the situation i was also accused of smoking pot but thats also not true and im going to ask for a drug test when i get back to school on monday considering im not suspended. Thanks again though :D

More Question i would Love to have answered.
*Was the fact they didn't change the breath tube what caused my + Reading?
*Was i Completely in the wrong? Or do i have a chance if i plead not guilty?
*There would be no way to differentiated my word from there's even though i didnt have any of the slurred speech/ bloodshot eyes/ smell of alcohol?
*would i have a fine i was never issued a ticked they said that i would have a court date & i was on probation?
*Seeing as we never made it to school would i catch **** for the DA?
*Me being treated like **** have anything that could help me in court?

And again thanks for the strait legal advice i really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Sinto123

Thanks

I have since fought my school and had my 10 day suspension droped to 3 seeing that my school does agree with me and the case i presented but unfortunately the cops insist that not changing the BT wouldnt affect my results. They also said they have the Right to say No when i asked them to give me a blood test. so i still have trouble with the law atm but nothing much i can do since there pigs with a badge. thanks again guys.

Silverplum

I have since fought my school and had my 10 day suspension droped to 3 seeing that my school does agree with me and the case i presented but unfortunately the cops insist that not changing the BT wouldnt affect my results. They also said they have the Right to say No when i asked them to give me a blood test. so i still have trouble with the law atm but nothing much i can do since there pigs with a badge. thanks again guys.
You DO realize you are conversing with a now-banned poster? :p

Reality: No grownup here is going to care about your story because of your attitude. "Severely disrespected," indeed. :rolleyes: "there (sic) pigs with a (sic) badge," indeed. :rolleyes:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hello, My Name is Nathan.

On Friday 7th, I was coming from my morning classes at a differant school that teach Cisco. Our battery was dead from leaving the lights on there were 3 of us in the car total. By the time we were Jumped & our car was started it was 9:45 aproximently 45 min after school (1) was let out. we made it not 3 min down the road before his car died again. we pushed it aproximently 7-8 min down the road to get another jump it now being 10:05 we were getting another jump conuming about 30 more minutes. We finally head out having to get gas. Now 10:20 we headed to school but didn't make it yet again, we stopped 5 or so minutes after leaving the gas station (Going by the time on our gas recipes). So we pushed the car to my friends house who was a passenger in the car, Awaiting either another jump or an alternative method to get to school. Now being 11:00 We grabbed some food & mistakenly decided not to go to school because we were extreamly fed up with what was going on and didnt want to face the consequences of returning to school 3 hours late. We stayed at my friend (Lewis's) House until roughly 2 pm & headed to school to pick up a friend. What we didn't know that the driver had taken alcohol from his house and mixed it with his drink or something of that sort. He was driving realitivly good until we reached a higher speed (40-45) he started swerving iradically we urged him to stop but it was to late, a 50+ elderly driver had pulled out in front of us although he was swerving it was not his fault we wrecked oddly said. she had called the cops & Fled the scene. He had clipped the rear of his car with a telephone and drove strait into a corn field. Me and lewis hurried out of the car asked the driver if he was ok and sat across the street behind a tree on a rock wondering what to do, while the driver sat on his car contemplating what he just had done. the COP arrived not much later. Began talking to the driver while we were still sitting on the rock while a couple of minutes went by we didn't realize the police had arrived and just sat there. Not but 5 min later after thinking of how bad it was to head out now, the cop shouted at us & told us to come with him. we agreed i went back to get my backpack not but 5 feet away from were we left he Yelled "What the **** are you doing". I shouted "Just grabbing my bag". After that i headed back to the cars he questioned me on why i was running i repeated numerous times i was just getting my bag. after we got back he asked for all of my information i complied. He then said i need all your phone numbers i said sure and gave him my home and when to get my cell phone to check my moms because she had gotten a new phone recently and i didn't know the number. i pulled out my belt. http://studsandspikes.com/buy/product_info.php?products_id=405{3}8 (As seen here). And this is were it got crazy he grabbed me and moved me away from the belt as i gave him a paper from the company saying that this was FAKE. he called me numerous names such as "****ing Punk" "*******" "Prick" And must have used "****" 6 Times. Please note i have a blond 4.5 inch Mohawk & although i have NEVER been in trouble for anything i was viewed as a punk, and solely because of this harassed while my friends were not even questioned. at this point i was EXTREAMLY upset, They asked if any alcohol was involved Derek said yes, while me and lewis insisted No. we were ex-treamly dumbfounded and then they breath tested him at a .12 while waiting they set down the breath test down after showing it to another officer who had just arrived roughly 2 minutes before. then they got another breath test for lewis he tested .04 still knowing i had not drunk anything i didnt mind taking the breath test, officer who had not giving the first to and was now talking to the parent of the driver had came over to me with the SAME Breath test as the driver without switching anything and said breath. I did as i was told knowing i would pass, I didn't... .02 is what it read knowing this was IMPOSSIBLE I asked if i could take a blood test and that he was wrong. He said that wouldn't be necessary and i need to "Shut the **** up" i didn't say anything to them directly i just asked my friend lewis what was going on. He said i don't know this is crazy. My mom drove up to pick me up. I told her my part of the story while the officer was telling me i don't need to have an attitude with her which i was not. i was trying to calmly explain what had happened with an authoritative figure denying every word i uttered. so i became more and more agitated and became asking the cop why he would insist on lying to my parent. my mom told me to be quite and sit in the car. i did. we drove off with me having a court date and being on probation. We went to my moms work not 35 minutes after the hole altercation had happened and i took a breath test, Her being a bartender this was available on site. I tested 3, yes 3 times all coming back 0.00 I became extremely made KNOWING i was violated of my rights as a person. although i do admit missing those 3 hours of class that i should not done the way i was treated and persecuted i felt i was done unfair i know i had not been drinking anything and that when they said i was i insisted on a blood test 2 more times.

Although i have show extreme respect towards law enforcement, and in many cases knowing some. I believe that they are just bullies with badges and can get away with outright harassment. All do to this altercation of being called many names and a downright liar. We were minors what i did was not against the law, And i was wondering a few things including will i lose my soon to come license, will this show up on my permanent record, Can this be beaten if i plead not guiltily.

Thanks ~ Nathan.
**A: there is no such plea of not guiltily.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">