• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dcs took my daughter from and gave her to my mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerry aikens

What is the name
of your state?Tn
My girlfreind had our baby 7 weeks ago and she used cocaine throughout her pregnancy
when the baby was born it as well as her tested positive
When I was tested I tested neg. but they had me go do a paternity test and they did a background check on me and found that in my back gronud I had 2-3 dui and 1 pi so they are saying that I needed an acessment drug and alcohol at which point I did go and have an acessment done the guy said I needed outpatient treatment . so for now and until who knows when My baby lives with my mom. mY QUESTION IS iS THIS FAIR OR LEGAL?AND iF THE MOM HAD NOT TESTED POSITIVE THE BABY NEITHER, MY PAST WOULD NOT matter so why does it now

jerry aikens (?dad?)

fairisfair

no it is not fair. It is not fair that any child had to be born into this situation, it is not fair that your mother, who has apparently already raised her children (well somewhat anyway) is now forced to raise another one. It is not fair that the tax payers will probably be forced to pay for your treatment. And it is certainly not fair that your child was exposed to cocaine thorughout the gestation period and may now suffer from ramifications due to the mother's use for his/her entire life.

You are right, it isn't fair.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">