• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 Year old Moving Out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FriendofFriend

What is the name of your state? - Mississippi

Ok, I'm doing some research for a friend so that they are not traced back to this. My friend is a seventeen year old girl who will turn eighteen soon. Her parents are divorced and she lives with her mom. Her mom is extremely abusive mentally and her dad is...non-existant. She is not exaggerating about her mom either - I have seen it first hand, so I would hate to see what she does to her when I wasn't around.

I was looking up the age or maturity or w/e its called on wikipedia and it said that the age for Mississippi is 21. Does this mean that her mom can force her to live with her until she is 21 or she can leave when she turns eighteen? I would gladly help her if she could leave at eighteen. She really needs to be out of that environment. I had to grow up in a similar one myself, and it hurts me to see a friend go through the same things I did.

Anyone know more about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">