• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marinabreeze

I live in the state of Michigan. I have to have jaw surgery due to many problems with TMJD. In December, I scheduled my surgery and discussed the payment terms with the office receptionist. She stated that they would perform the surgery and agreed to accept what my insurance paid and I would not be charged any additional fees. We agreed to these terms and scheduled my surgery for Feb. 6.

I received a call last week regarding my surgery. The office had lost all of my files, x-rays, etc. and needed to postpone my surgery due to this fact. At this time, I was informed that the office was going to change the policy and I would be charged a certain amount of money up front to be paid at the time of the surgery in addition to what my insurance was paying. The office receptionist reiteriated we had a verbal agreement regarding payment from the insurance company and I would not be responsible for payment, however, it is out of her hands as two of the three surgeons in the practice (not my surgeon, by the way) had made the decision to charge "x" amount in addition to the insurance payment.

Does the medical office have to honor my verbal contract? I have a phone bill that reflects my call to their office for the original surgery date and the receptionist also agrees that we had a verbal contract. Advice?? No one has answered me yet! Please...I need advice!!!

[Edited by marinabreeze on 01-28-2001 at 07:59 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">