• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surgery, Again!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lcn72267

I was injured in Feb.2000, and had surgery in May 2000. Went through several months of therapy, and in July 2000, was released to return to work. After two months I could no longer work because of the pain I was having in my injured knee. I was then taken off of work again, this time was prescribed 8 more weeks of therapy. But the workers comp insurance carrier denied it. They were no longer supplying any further medical procedures to my knee other than medical exams and medicine. I was given a maximum medical exam and impairment rating by my treating doctor, and was released to return to work again with no restrictions. I saw my surgeon today for a follow up, and he said there is no reason I should have been released, and now he said I need to have another surgery to correct my knee. It has to be approved by the insurance carrier first, so if it is not approved, what am I supposed to do next? I obviously still have a injured knee, and would really like some answers. But don't know where to turn now. Please help if possible. I have been going through this for 11 months now. I live in Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">