• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was hit in an auto accident...his insurance, not helpful!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oceanhaze4

What is the name of your state? California.

I was making a left turn on a green arrow to the eastbound freeway on-ramp. Then boom, I was hit. Some guy heading northbound on the street ran a red light. He hit the car next to me who was also making a left turn and then then car making the left hit me.

The guy comes out and admits fault, but starts talking about how he just came back from "Jiffy Lube" for an oil change.

Now his insurance company says they have to conduct an investigation to determine liability. They said they have to investigate the brakes and why they did not function properly at the light. The supervising adjuster even said "sometimes the wrong fluid is put in where the brake fluid goes" which is confusing to me since this guy went in for an oil change.

The won't tell me where the investigation is being conducted, who is conducting the investigation, or give me a time line as to when liability will be determined.

Is this information I am entitled to?

Is there a time frame in which the investigation must be completed?

ecmst12

I don't think his brakes failing would make him any less at fault for the accident, but I could be wrong. Either way, they are allowed to investigate, and it can take some time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">