• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance raport.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silverusa

What is the name of your state?
CT

Hi everyone.

I have a salvage car in my backyard the title is signed by dealer but i have the Certyficate of Ownership.

And my question is:
I need to get Damgage raport from insurance company but i dont know if i am allowed to do so.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you very much.

silverusa

I didnt call the company my dads friend called since my parents dont speak english and i wasnt home.

But i am not sure if he told the company that we have the certificate of ownership.

Please can anyone help me with that ?

I have the title which is signed by dealer and i have certificate of ownership.

The insurance company said that only dealer can pick up the insurance report but I am the owner of the vechicle and maybe there is any chance i can do it by myself ?

Thank you.

ecmst12

Why don't you try telling the WHOLE story?

At any rate, if you owe money on the car, then the bank will have lein on it. That means you do NOT own it, the bank does, and they get paid any insurance settlement before you do.

silverusa

OK.

Dealer bought the car from insurance auction. Its an audi a4 2005 / s-line
I paid the dealer money which was 14k $ he picked up the the title from the car auction.

Then he signed the Certficate of ownership so the car is now on my name but the title is still on his name.

The car have a salvage title which means i need to take it to inspection and in order to get through inspection i need Insurance Report. And as i said before my dad friend called insurance company and they said only dealer can pick up the "insurance report" but i am not sure if he told the insurance company that we have a certificate of ownership.

I dont have contact with the dealer at this moment thats why i am asking if there is anyway i could pick up the insurance report by myself.

Thank you for help.

I hope you understand me (English is my second lanuage)

ecmst12

I have no idea, but not because of your english, I'm just not familiar with this type of situation. Did you really pay 14k for a SALVAGED vehicle???

silverusa

Yes but there is nothing wrong with the car it was salvaged because they THEFT it .

It has no rims, no grill, and door moldings, and couple minor stuff.

Its an a4 2005/ 1.8 turbo/ 6spd/ and its S-line which means it has sport supsenssion, diff body kit, more horse power etc.

It has 20k miles so it will run for some time :)

But the only thing is that stupid Insurance report i really need help with that and i COUNT on people from this forum.

Thank you all :)

ecmst12

I'm still not sure it was worth 14k with a salvage title. It doesn't matter WHY it was salvaged, for the value to be affected.

silverusa

I am aware of that but it doesnt matter because this car is going to drive in poland within 6 months so doesnt matter if its salvage or not :p.

I just need to register it and i need that Insurance Report....

Thanks for help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">