• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Sexual Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JisCharmed

What is the name of your state? OHio

Here is the story. I am 21 years old. On August 8, I was out with some buddies drinking at a bar. This girl buys me a drink and we chat. She said she was 21 and goes to Ohio State U. It gets late and we go back to my place and have sex. She spends the night.

The next morning, we go out to breakfast. She talks about her college classes, major, and plans for life. I drop her off at her friends house and plan to meet up later. We go out later that night, drink at a different bar, then go have sex at my place. She spends the night.

A few days later, we drive to TN and go to the mountains for the weekend. We have a lot of sex.

I get a call on my cell on the way back from a friend who cays the girl I have been spending all this time with and may be fallling in love with is 16!!!!!!!

She denies it at first, then eventually confesses. I drop her off at her friends and that was that.

She is pissed off and im afraid she might try to get revenge for dumping her. What can I do to protect myself since I was duped and lied to?

Just Blue

Here is the story. I am 21 years old. On August 8, I was out with some buddies drinking at a bar. This girl buys me a drink and we chat. She said she was 21 and goes to Ohio State U. It gets late and we go back to my place and have sex. She spends the night.

The next morning, we go out to breakfast. She talks about her college classes, major, and plans for life. I drop her off at her friends house and plan to meet up later. We go out later that night, drink at a different bar, then go have sex at my place. She spends the night.

A few days later, we drive to TN and go to the mountains for the weekend. We have a lot of sex.

I get a call on my cell on the way back from a friend who cays the girl I have been spending all this time with and may be fallling in love with is 16!!!!!!!

She denies it at first, then eventually confesses. I drop her off at her friends and that was that.

She is pissed off and im afraid she might try to get revenge for dumping her. What can I do to protect myself since I was duped and lied to?

You can pray that she doesn't tell. I believe the SOL on this is 10 years AFTER she turns 18. You might also want to wait until you actually KNOW someone a bit before sleeping with them. Had you bothered to wait a couple of weeks you wouldn't be in this mess.

Ohio

§ 2907. 04
Sexual assault for a person age 18 to engage in sexual conduct with a minor if the actor knows that the minor is between ages 13 and 16
(1) Six to 18 months in prison, (2) if the actor is less that four years older than the victim, a $ 1,000 fine, or (3) if the actor is 10 or more years older than the victim, one to five years in prison.

Rushia

You can pray that she doesn't tell. I believe the SOL on this is 10 years AFTER she turns 18. You might also want to wait until you actually KNOW someone a bit before sleeping with them. Had you bothered to wait a couple of weeks you wouldn't be in this mess.
Don't forget Bay, he also took her across state lines. Isn't that more trouble for him? HEY OG! WHERE ARE YOU?

kdhohio

You took her across state lines and had sex with her????? :eek: You didn't think to ask for her ID, drivers License??? Heck even her college ID??? Not legal info but I think helpful...Guys....some girls lie. Some lie about birth control, their age, or even who the daddy is. You are 21 and haven't figured that out yet??

Just Blue

Don't forget Bay, he also took her across state lines. Isn't that more trouble for him? HEY OG! WHERE ARE YOU?
Oh yeah!! I overlooked that one.

Mann Act. The OP is looking at a min of 5 years in FEDERAL PRISON. As an added bonus he also will get to spend the rest of his life as a Registered Sex Offender!! Good buy to any good job prospects! Renting a decent apartment?? NO! Also won't be able to live within 1 mile of a school.....

CJane

From Bay's quote...

Ohio

§ 2907. 04
Sexual assault for a person age 18 to engage in sexual conduct with a minor if the actor knows that the minor is between ages 13 and 16

Apparently, ignorance is a defense. No?

Just Blue

From Bay's quote...

Ohio

§ 2907. 04

Apparently, ignorance is a defense. No?
I would bet if this girl were to file a complaint, she would INSIST that he was well aware of her age...;)

That doesn't apply to the Mann Act though...At least I couldn't find an affirmative defense of ignorance.

TinkerBelleLuvr

I was out with some buddies drinking at a bar. This girl buys me a drink and we chat. She said she was 21 and goes to Ohio State U. It gets late and we go back to my place and have sex.
If you are in the bar drinking, aren't you SUPPOSE to be 21. I think the young lady might have some difficulty explaining to her parents how she met the fella in a BAR.

Okay, not excusing behavior here .... hopefully you've learned your lesson that not all ladies are truthful about their age!

TinkerBelleLuvr

Might be stupid or naive here, but shouldn't she have been carded in the bar? Shouldn't she had to produce some form of ID?

Again, the OP was mighty stupid about this. But, in the BAR?

19225-004

Well, if it did come down to you getting charged, there would be a trial and that means a jury would decide if you are guilty or not. And since the law says "if the actor knowsthat the minor is between ages 13 and 16" and you met her in a bar, I think you would have a pretty convincing argument that she was lying to you about her age and are therefore not guilty. Also, the fact that you stopped seeing her when you found out she was underage is helpful. Of course, you don't have to be convicted of a sex crime to have a stain on your reputation. And nobody wants to be involved in a trial, especially not that kind. I don't think she'll try to get you in trouble though, since that would mean explaining to her parents that she's been sneaking into bars, drinking, and having sex with older gentlemen. My guess is that she's in some other bar having drinks with some other 21 year old guy. Sorry about your dilemma dude. I don't really blame you (If I was in a bar and a girl bought me a drink I would assume she was over 21)

PS. I just looked up the age of consent for Ohio and some web site (not a 100% reliable source, just something that popped up on google) says that its 16.

JustAPal00

Dude is she hot? If you really like her, cool it for a year or so just be friends, then pick it back up! Beats dating inmates!

CJane

Might be stupid or naive here, but shouldn't she have been carded in the bar? Shouldn't she had to produce some form of ID?

Again, the OP was mighty stupid about this. But, in the BAR?

I spent nearly every evening after work drinking with my friends in a Friday's restaurant... starting when I moved to Kansas City at 17. I bought beer/alcohol for all of us for hanging out at my apartment, etc. I had never in my life been carded until I was 32 and a divorced mother of 2 and was going into my local hangout when there was a new bouncer on staff who didn't know me.

Seriously - ONLY time in my life I've EVER been asked for ID. It's not that uncommon.

Son of Slam

It is my argument that OP should post a link to a picture of said person of under age. That way we can theorize more wisely about wether or not a jury would believe it was a good decision for him to pretend he thought she was over 16.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">