• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Key West attorney busted...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelpohio

What is the name of your state? FL

Recently an investigation was done by the Florida Department of business and professional regulation (DBPR). The group oversees several licensed professions along with regulating un- licensed activitys. A Key West attorney had a client who illegally took my yacht, while taking yacht the client lied to state police about ownership. after illegally taking yacht this attorney took part in the illegal auctioning off of my yacht to a north florida man without any court order to do so. The north florida man said in interviews " I called rhe attorney the day before the auction and was told they come into possession of the yacht because the old owners abandoned yacht, He(attorney) also when asked if he owned yacht said yes. The state has looked into the matter and have made a quick decision that the attorney under the auctioneer laws auctioned off the vessel without an auctioneer,no court order, and no ownership of yacht. This in florida is a third degree felony. After the auction the north florida man went to get his yacht along with the bill of sale, during his statement the north florida buyer also stated " the day i went to go pick yacht up i went to the attorneys office there i picked up a bill of sale and was given the transfer papers to be sent to the coast guard documentation center", it was then he told me" we hid the boat several miles away due to the fact the old owners are actively seeking the vessel, it would be wise to get the transfer done immediately and keep the vessel out of sight until thats done the attorney said". This attorney not only knowingly took part in the illegal sale of my familys yacht but lied to individuals about ownership in order to sell it ,and the state DBPR just asked me to send to them a sworn affadavit so that the file can immediately go to the state attorneys office. Several people who were involved in the theft and their friends have been going on line trying to discredit me. Anyone wanting a copy of wittness statements from this investigation can e mail me direct. I am also going to file complaint with the Florida bar any other suggestions?

[email protected]

needhelpohio

State investigation incomplete?

As i mentioned above the state DBPR is sending the file to the state attorney for prosecution. I reviewed the witness statements and one key witness a U.S navy officer that was on the scent that day who witnessed it all they did not have his statement in the file. I called requesting a to why and got a phone message saying his statement wasnt that important to the case. I then requested a copy of his statement to see what they were talking about. They sent me a one paragraph statement that wasnt correct and that was verified by the witness himself. I then got another letter from the head attorney saying - you got the investigators report as to what "she thought was told to her" by the witness-

Thought?

A state DBPR attorney calls to tell me it wasnt put in the report being sent to the state attorneys office then sends me a half ass paragraph, that the witness confirmed wasnt accurate then tell me heres what the investigator "thought" was told to her?

:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">