• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor accident involving a rental car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ID Victim

(My username is "ID Victim". I used it a couple of years ago seeking help. And thank to the community here I have managed to close that case without a lawyer or at any cost to me. But moving forward, I need some help. I don't know if I can change my username, so I am posting it under the old name. Thank you all, then. Thank you all now.)

What is the name of your state? AZ / CA

Hello All,

I live in AZ where I rented a car to drive to CA. I bought only the liability insurance. Since I have a Visa credit card which covers Collision Damage Waver, I didn't buy it from Hertz.

In CA, I was involved in a minor fender bender. We called for police to come by which they did, and will shortly issue an accident report.

Soon after the accident, I called Hertz emergency line and Visa reporting number to report the incident.

As for the liability issues, I have spoken to Hertz agent and the other guy's insurer since. So I assume the liability will be taken care off.

Visa sent me an email with documents I needed to attach before sending in for claim.

As for CDW, I am beginning to feel a little eerie. I returned to AZ next day and returned the vehicle while filling a form of the incident. The guy at counter said that Hertz will call me at some point. And it's been a week and they haven't called. So what's the course of action for me to take from here? What are my responsibilities that I must fulfill within certain time frame so that the claim is accepted and paid by Visa? Does anyone have an advice or two for me?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">