• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating Age Differences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JordanJae

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

What are the dating age limits for people in New Mexico? I mean, how many years can people be apart, under 18 that is. Like, is it okay for a 15 year old and a 13 year old to be dating? No sexual contact, very little hugging, no kissing, etc. Is it okay for that to take place?

CJane

I'm not aware of a single law that applies to 2 children dating as long as they keep their hands off each other.

It's the touching that always gets you in trouble.

JordanJae

That's nice to know...my female parental unit is saying that it's illegal for me to date him when I turn 15, he'll be 13 when that happens, but she is saying it's illegal, and I care so much about this guy, and I know she is doing it to me because she thinks I'm missing out on all these experiences in high school, and it makes me mad that she thinks she can do it to me and I will just listen to her. People, keep replying and saying the same thing, I need solid proof that it's okay for me to date him.

Just Blue

That's nice to know...my female parental unit is saying that it's illegal for me to date him when I turn 15, he'll be 13 when that happens, but she is saying it's illegal, and I care so much about this guy, and I know she is doing it to me because she thinks I'm missing out on all these experiences in high school, and it makes me mad that she thinks she can do it to me and I will just listen to her. People, keep replying and saying the same thing, I need solid proof that it's okay for me to date him.
You know if you mother says no...Then it's no.

Parental Unit...Been watching the Coneheads huh??:)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your mother says you can't date him, then you can't. Your parents are the law where you are concerned. Doesn't matter whether the government did or did not pass a statute about it. There is NO law in ANY state that is going to force your mother to allow you to see someone she does not want you to see.

JustAPal00

This is a free country. You can date anyone you want. You don't have to listen to your parents. You can stay up as late as you want. You can do nothing but watch TV all day. You have no rules! When you turn 18 and live on your own! Until then, as long as you are under their roof and under 18 you have no rights. What they say is the law!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">