• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent Car Swipe Advice Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karena899

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was recently involved in a minor car accident whereby I swiped a co-workers parked car as I was backing out of my park. I owned up to doing it even though she knew nothing about it and I agreed that I would pay for damages and asked her to get me 3 quotes. A few days later she handed me 1 quote from her dealership that totalled three hundred and sixteen dollars. Obviously insurance is not going to cover this because of the small monetary value. The quoted value seems excessive since it was only a couple of scratches and paint transfer (no dents). What are my rights and responsibilities in this case? Do I have to pay this quote or am I entitled to ask for 2 more quotes? She refuses to go to anymore places and only wants to have her car fixed at the dealership? Can she do this?

ecmst12

Of course your insurance will cover it. You don't have a deductible for your liability coverage. You can turn it over to them and let them take care of it, or you can pay her. You can't force her to get more estimates, but your insurance company will get their own estimate if you turn the claim over to them and pay based on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">