• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights in questioning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cowpoke

I was asked to come into the sheriffs office to answer a couple of questions. Once there, I was read my rights, I was not arrested or charged, and everything was recorded. I was then told I was a suspect in a crime. I asked to see an attorney and was told no by the deputy 4 different times during the questionong. He said I didn't need one. He continued to question and badger me for 45 minutes. Do I have any recourse against him or the department? Can anything I said be used in court if they charge me? This happened over 10 months ago. I have not been charged or talked to since this happened. I live in Minnesota.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your lawyer will need to argue a violation of your miranda rights and 5th amendment right against self incrimination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">