• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AgeReqInCalifornia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedAdvice0405

What is the name of your state? California

Hi, I wanted to inquire about the laws for dating in California. I am 17 and my girlfriend is 14 turning 15 soon. I want to know if we are capable of dating at all. It isn't in our interests right now for any sexual contact - would we be able to kiss or hug at least? When I turn 18 would I be able to see her? Is this all up to the parents whether or not I do or do not keep contact? Thank you.

CdwJava

Hi, I wanted to inquire about the laws for dating in California. I am 17 and my girlfriend is 14 turning 15 soon. I want to know if we are capable of dating at all. It isn't in our interests right now for any sexual contact - would we be able to kiss or hug at least? When I turn 18 would I be able to see her? Is this all up to the parents whether or not I do or do not keep contact? Thank you.
As long as her parents approve, you can see each other. Even before 18 you would be unable to lawfully have any kind of sexual contact including fondling, groping, oral sex, intercourse, etc.

But, you can date each other, hold hands, and even kiss ... so long as her mom and dad have no problems with the two of you being together. When they DO have a problem, you could be charged with criminal acts if you continue to see her - particularly when you hit 18.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">