• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KasualJemini

What is the name of your state? Nevada

On Friday, I was rear ended by a Southwest Airlines driver while sitting at a stop sign in out baggage claim area. Not only did he hit us, he proceeded around us to the left and made a right turn in front of us. As a result of the accident I am experiencing lower back pain that is radiating to my right shoulder. Should I hire an attorney or should I work with the airline?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Nevada

On Friday, I was rear ended by a Southwest Airlines driver while sitting at a stop sign in out baggage claim area. Not only did he hit us, he proceeded around us to the left and made a right turn in front of us. As a result of the accident I am experiencing lower back pain that is radiating to my right shoulder. Should I hire an attorney or should I work with the airline?
Yes, absolutely...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Absolutely hire an attorney or work with the airline?
The point is that, based on the limited information you provided, there is absolutely no way for anyone on this forum to answer that.

What is your diagnosis/prognosis?
Have you been to the doctor?
Is the airline cooperating?

and many other questions...

KasualJemini

Answers

I had surgery on Wednesday. I was suffering from complications of that surgery and experiencing abck pain from the accident so I went back to my doctor on Friday. My doctor ( a gynecologist) ruled out the surgery as the cause of my pain and told me to go to the ER the following day if the pain didn't subside. I went to the ER on Saturday for my abdominal and lower back pain. He would not address my back pain until he addressed my abdominal pain. He said that prescribing narcotics may make my stomach worse. He wrote me a prescription and I got that filled. My abdomen feels better, but, I can not walk or sit for extended periods due to the pain I have in my lower back.

The airline manager asked for a statement and has to speak with his boss tomorrow to see what procedures he should follow.

I will follow up with my primary care physician tomorrow for pain management medication.

I am able to work, but I have to be medicated, therefore I am unable to operate vehicles around the aircraft. I may have to go to physical theraph because of the radiating pain to my right shoulder.

Does this help to clarify? Thanks for any additional information.

JustAPal00

He hit you and then left? Did you call the police? I would say that you have a strong case, as well as the driver should face charges. No guess as to what your case is worth, due to the limited info we have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">