• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I reall need your help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JenicaCombs

(Pennsylvania)
I am 17 years old, I will be turning 18 April 7th, 2008. I am pregnant and will be having my baby in January of 2008. I've been with the father of my baby for 2 years and 3 months. I am sharing a room with my 14 year old full blood sister while my half-sister who is 8 years old has her own room. My mother will not let me move in with the father of my baby and his family. His family is fully supportive of us and are willing to help, I would even have my OWN room. My mother on other hand does not even have insurance on me so all of my doctor bills are in my name and not being paid because I am a senior in high school. My sister and I constantly fall down our bedroom stairs because our room is in the attic, and it is not good since I am pregnant. We've told my mom but she doesn't care. What can I do?

CJane

Go apply for medicaid for yourself while pregnant and for your unborn child.
Apply for WIC.

Finish school, have your baby, get a job and then move out. In that order.

Talk your sister into moving in with the 8 year old so you can have your own room.

Follow the rules at your mom's house (not that I think you CAN, given your situation).

19225-004

Talk your sister into moving in with the 8 year old so you can have your own room.
This is a good idea. If your 8 year old half-sister's room isn't in the attic, you could ask to stay in that room, either with your full sister or by yourself with the two of them in the attic.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And understand that as long as you have not yet acheived the age of 18, and even afterwards if you expect Mom to keep paying the bills, what she says goes. If she says you share a room with your sister, you share a room with your sister. If she says (and rightly so), that you cannot move in with your boyfriend, then you cannot move in with your boyfriend. Your rights are exactly what she says they are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">