• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Services Out of Control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpp249

What is the name of your state? MN

My 4-year-old niece was violated with a stick by whom she says is a 9-year-old neighbor boy. She still maintains that this boy is the one who did it. While her grandmother was watching her and her brothers, the police called the grandmother and told her to bring the 5-year-old brother in for questioning. They wouldn't permit the grandmother to be with him and they questioned him alone. The head of the county's social services office said that the police said that he was the one who did it, not the neighbor boy. He maintains that he told them that he didn't do it and the police lied. Social services wants to place him in foster care and said that his assigned mental health counselor endorsed this idea, but the counselor says that she said she didn't see how this would help. I think there's a cover-up going on. The county where they live has a reputation for social services being especially aggressive, and the lady in charge has quite the reputation of her own. She said right to my sister-in-law's face that naughty little boys were their bread and butter. Can we get access to the police interrogation tape? How can we stop my nephew from getting taken away?

moburkes

All you can do is consult with an attorney.

FYI: You use he/him/they, etc without a good reference, so I don't know who the heck you're talking about in most instances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">