• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lasting pain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bottomsup1976

My husband was working for a company in 1996. He went to lift something off of the pallet and he heard something pop in his back. He made the mistake of not telling his boss about it. He went to the doctor that the company sends everyone to. He did not mention workman's comp. to the dr. he was afraid that it would look bad on his resume. The dr. told him that it was a pulled muscle,gave him some pills, and sent him on his way. He has been suffering with this for 5 years. He finally went to a dr. that took a better look at things. Well, it ends up that my husband has flattened discs,compression fractures, potruding discs. He has been in pain for so long and feels that if they would have looked sooner they would have caught it before now. The doctor thinks that surgury would benefit him. Is there anything he can do legally? Is anyone liable for this? Or does he have to just suck it up?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. what I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

He may have lost his rights because HE didn't say anything. The only way around it is misdiagnosis by doctor 1 didn't cause the statute of limitations to run because your husband was not aware of his true injuries. as such, he may have a chance.

HE needs a labor law/workers comp attorney. try http://www.attorneypages.com and read the workers comp section at the freeadvice.com homepage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">