• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year old male dating 15 female in cali...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skylineguy06

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

i am an 18 year old male in a relationship with a 15 year old female. we are not having sex and not planning on having sex. i personally am not having sex until marriage. her mother loves me and does not have an issue with us being together. we do kiss and we do cuddle and hold eachother but in no way is this sexual nor are we insinuating sexual activity. are there ramifications from our relationship even though there is nothing sexual about it??? its not her mom whos worried its my parents saying i am "being as bad as a child molester" and that im going to end up in jail. but neither her nor i see how this is true or possible... i need help here guys and ladies... it would be much appreciated... we both feel like we will be together in 3 years so is there anything wrong (legally) with us being in a relationship not involving sex???

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why don't you let this child grow up. You may not be having intercourse, but you are certainly abusing her. Listen to your parents!

skylineguy06

Why don't you let this child grow up. You may not be having intercourse, but you are certainly abusing her. Listen to your parents!
First off may i ask how??? she is very mature for her age, secondly im not looking for moral suppor or help im asking about legal ramifications...if we are not conducting sexual activities then is there anything LEGALLY wrong???

thanx for your time.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
First off may i ask how??? she is very mature for her age, secondly im not looking for moral suppor or help im asking about legal ramifications...if we are not conducting sexual activities then is there anything LEGALLY wrong???

thanx for your time.
Yes - there is something legally wrong. Again, you may not be scr**ing her, but you are abusing her. I'm sorry that your parents' wisdom must skip a generation...you need to listen to them.

Eclipso

15 years old...HOLY .... Might want to do some touchups for your megans law photo. Nothing sexual is going on HAHAHA .. Just some hugging and kissing eh? You dont want sex untill after marriage? What about her?... 3 years is a longtime sir, hopefully she matures and understands the man of her dreams is a child molester..

skylineguy06

Yes - there is something legally wrong. Again, you may not be scr**ing her, but you are abusing her. I'm sorry that your parents' wisdom must skip a generation...you need to listen to them.
could you please give some references??? such as penal codes or california statutes???

much appreciated.

skylineguy06

Having to ask if an act is legal... automatically makes it a very bad idea.

"Very mature for her age" will not be an acceptable defense in court.

the legal issue is more for myself, my father believes that by holding hands or kissing i am on the same legal level as a child molester. so im really looking for references to whether or not that is an exact law or just someones loose interpretation of such.

skylineguy06

yes, and im aware of that, but if her mother is completely fine with us then how am i doing anyhting wrong??? look im in a state of mass hysteria here, i need some actual references and actual help, not a bunch of parents or people telling me opinions... i just talked to a lawyer today and she said she sees nothing wrong with it as long as there is no sexual conduct, and theres not, the only other thing she could come up with was being outpast curfew wchich we never are... so please humor me here people references would be nice...

skylineguy06

sir i am aware of that but please define in what ways i am breaking the law by being in an innocent relationship. i understand the sex laws, im not having sex for one with her and for two until im married so i have nothing to worry about in that sense. but is there anything else?

o and ive tried google and i cant find like specificallywhat im looking for, is there particular wordings or phrases???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">