• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student smacked by teacher

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rblack1

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am a dad of a 9yr old son who is in fifth grade elementary. Yesterday I picked my son off the bus and I could tell he was upset, and although he was not crying it looked as if he may have been. I immideatly thought something happened on the bus, so before the bus left I asked him what had happened. He told me as he was getting on the bus to come home a teacher whom he did not know, but described to me, smacked him "hard" on the back of the head and told him "go home" I asked him what he was doing, was he acting up, was he doing anything wrong. He said no he was in line getting on the bus and as kids were getting on the teacher smacked him and a few kids before him. He insist's the smack was "hard" and not a pat or tap, as at first I thought the teacher may have been playing. He demonstrated the smack as a hard smack that "hurt". I called the police and the police questioned him and he told the same account. The officer felt I may want to call the scholl and let the principal handle it but I let him know I would like a report taken. My view isa teacher should not smack children on the back of the head. Could anyone give me any information on what my sons rights are. I feel the school will make this all go away if I simply let them handle it. Any help or knowledge would be appriciated.
P.S. I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section, I am not sure exactly where to go.
Thank You R. Black

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">