• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Dating in New York

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler B

What is the name of your state? New York

I've read some other threads some people seem rather knowledgeable in this area. And as far as my search on my own for answers to my situation, has been no success.

So the story.

I'm 18 year old Freshman in College, dating a 16 year old Senior in High School. She turns 17 years old November 27, 2007. I turn 19 years old on February 14, 2008. We're really serious together. But her mom doesn't like me as much, I'm a good guy, it's just her mom isn't too fond of me. So yes, my girlfriend and I have had sex, but since her mother isn't too fond of me suddenly, we're going to call it quits for now. What can you give me on laws that apply to my dating situation? Give me everything you got.

Thanks for any information,
Tyler

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Leave the child alone - that advice applies even more so since it's what her parents demand.

HomeGuru

I've read some other threads some people seem rather knowledgeable in this area. And as far as my search on my own for answers to my situation, has been no success.

So the story.

I'm 18 year old Freshman in College, dating a 16 year old Senior in High School. She turns 17 years old November 27, 2007. I turn 19 years old on February 14, 2008. We're really serious together. But her mom doesn't like me as much, I'm a good guy, it's just her mom isn't too fond of me. So yes, my girlfriend and I have had sex, but since her mother isn't too fond of me suddenly, we're going to call it quits for now. What can you give me on laws that apply to my dating situation? Give me everything you got.

Tyler

**A: why are you asking for laws when you obviously are not dating anymore? I suggest waiting until she is 21.

AlanShore

So the story.

Tyler
Your relationship is perfectly legal in the state of NY.

AlanShore

So the story.

Tyler
Though if your not capable of using Google, you probably shouldn't be having sex.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What the law makes legal, the parents can make illegal.

In other words, until she is 18, what her parents say goes. If they say no, it's no, no matter what the state of NY says.

HomeGuru

In other words, until she is 18, what her parents say goes. If they say no, it's no, no matter what the state of NY says.
**A: now that's telling the 18 year old college student.

AlanShore

Yes and no. But from what the OP saids I can not judge. I still say its legal.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

And I though this was a legal forum.....my mistake. I thought we were here to look at the law not your opinion. The OP is not interested in your personal opinion.
**A: the OP said thanks for any information. An opinion as well as the law could be construed as information. And how do you know what the OP is or is not interested in as you have never communicated with the OP with respect to this instant issue.

AlanShore

**A: the OP said thanks for any information. An opinion as well as the law could be construed as information. And how do you know what the OP is or is not interested in as you have never communicated with the OP with respect to this instant issue.
Judicial Opinions, Legal Opinions, Medical Opinions, etc... yes but not your personal opinion. Unless specifically asked for and conveyed as such, your personal opinion is not information.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Judicial Opinions, Legal Opinions, Medical Opinions, etc... yes but not your personal opinion. Unless specifically asked for and conveyed as such, your personal opinion is not information.
OP did not ask for Medical opinions, yet you say they would be ok. But then you have a problem with a personal opinion.

Alan - you're really out there on this :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">