• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WHOLESALE PURCHASE ORDER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mimille

I own a retail store. I placed a wholesale order with a bedding manufacturer over the phone. They faxed me an invoice. I had to cancel the order because business was unusually slow. When I called to cancel the order the bedding manufacturer told me that I had to pay a 20% restocking fee. That was the first time that they mentioned a restocking fee. At no time prior to my canceling the order did the company mention a restocking fee for canceled orders. They did not mention it orally or in writing. I told them where they could put there fee. They recently sent me an invoice for the 20% restocking fee via certified mail. I don't think that I owe them anything. My question is this: How do I handle this? Do I ignore them? Should I call them? Or should I inform them in writing that their restocking fee is bogus?

I am located in California and the bedding manufacturer is located in Pennsylvania

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">