• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance will not take vehicle off policy....?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duckyp0o77

What is the name of your state? TN

Insurance co. (USAA) wont take vehicle off policy until we settle. Is this common? Am I still going to have to pay my premiums on a totaled car until we settle? They offered below KBB and the at fault drivers ins. (Amerisure) wont accept responsability on the car. They (amerisure) called me when the got the police report to say the accepted 100% responsability. Of course I never got that in writing.

I made a post back in Aug. about my accident titled 'claim or not?'

moburkes

What is the name of your state? TN

Insurance co. (USAA) wont take vehicle off policy until we settle. Is this common? Am I still going to have to pay my premiums on a totaled car until we settle? They offered below KBB and the at fault drivers ins. (Amerisure) wont accept responsability on the car. They (amerisure) called me when the got the police report to say the accepted 100% responsability. Of course I never got that in writing.

I made a post back in Aug. about my accident titled 'claim or not?'
If it is the only vehicle on the policy, then you can remove comprehensive and collision. You don't want to cancel the policy, unless you want to be rated as a high risk driver when you go to buy insurance again.

This is normal, and it protects you. Also, if you're renting a vehicle, you need comp and collision on the policy so that it carries over to the rental vehicle, or you'll be forced to purchase c/c for the rental.

There are numerous reasons why this is normal, acceptable practice.

duckyp0o77

If it is the only vehicle on the policy, then you can remove comprehensive and collision. You don't want to cancel the policy, unless you want to be rated as a high risk driver when you go to buy insurance again.

This is normal, and it protects you. Also, if you're renting a vehicle, you need comp and collision on the policy so that it carries over to the rental vehicle, or you'll be forced to purchase c/c for the rental.

There are numerous reasons why this is normal, acceptable practice.

No, it is not the only vehicle on the policy. I kinda see what you're saying but don't understand why I should still be insuring a car that I don't even know where it is located lol. I of course would not be canceling a policy all together just on the one vehicle.

About the rental, we only had a it for about 2 weeks before USAA made an offer. which goes to my question.. Why does the vehicle that was deemed totaled have to stay on the policy until settlement? Noone is driving it. Why do we still ahve to pay c/c, uim, rr, t/l, etc.. see what I'm saying? I guess I'm just a little bit frustrated w/ the whole financial burden someone else's negligence caused me. (sorry for the vent =))

moburkes

Since you have other vehicles on the policy AND you no longer have a rental vehicle, I don't know. UNLESS they are making sure that, in case the vehicle is involved in an accident, you are covered just in case you get named in a lawsuit.

Other than that, contact customer service for your answers. If they aren't satisfactory (ie you aren't given a reasonable explanation), then ask for a supervisor.

duckyp0o77

thanks for your response.. the totaled vehicle isn't even in mine and my husbands possession. for all i know it's in a scrap yard lol

i'll call ins. again tomorrow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">